Create WordPress Websites and Blogs Especially for Beginners, Freelancers, and Graphic Designers Who Don’t Want to Code
What you’ll learn
- In less than one minute you will learn how to “spin up” new WordPress sites
- You’ll learn how to build WordPress websites, portfolios and blogs.
- You learn how to make beautiful graphics on Photoshop and much more
- You’ll find out how precisely I build my clients ‘ websites.
- You learn how to download, install and configure plugins for WordPress.
- You create a website with a responsive eye on every browser.
- You need basic computer and software knowledge
- A modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox
- Internet access
- You need no coding experience or knowledge about programming
- You can follow free themes, but I’ll also show you how to use several premium themes – the typical cost is $ 60 per theme if you choose to go along that route
- We will work locally (no cost), but you have to buy a domain name and hosting if you want to run your site.
A Wordpress Beginner’s Guide!
This course is primarily designed to teach anyone, including a full beginner, how to quickly and easily build a complete WordPress website.
While others teach you all the complex things about building websites on WordPress, this course focuses only on the things you need to make your website work as efficient as possible. While other courses teach you all.
You don’t have to spend hours and hours lecturing to create a magnificent website. WordPress is beautiful because you can refine it over time once you have your site up. You may not want to spend weeks perfecting your website, if you want something ASAP up, like most developers, freelancers, or entrepreneurs! To help you achieve this goal so quickly as possible, I’m moving through the content quickly to help you get up and running fast.
I will take you through everything that you need to begin building a WordPress website, including: With an emphasis on design elements,
- In less than one minute “spin up” new WordPress sites
- Install WordPress on your computer (Windows or Macs) so you can learn on the domain and web hosting without paying.
- WordPress plugins download, install and configure
- Optimize your search engine website
- Backup, export and transfer your site to another domain and/or hosting
- Create pages and posts and understand the difference between the two
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that will be useful to both visitors and search engines
- Protect your WordPress site from hackers and spammers
- Back up your WordPress website in the event of an emergency.
- Create the most cost effective and secure server and hosting environments
- Build and edit websites in staging and development environments
- Migrate and transfer WordPress websites from staging to live, and vice versa
- Use some of WordPress ‘ most popular and versatile themes available
- Discover multiple ways to work with different themes and frameworks
You can still ask me for help or contact your colleagues on our private Facebook community if there is anything you do not learn from the course and want to learn.
* * * As with all my courses, software and online tools always evolve and change, so let me know when you think of something which can add value to the course.
The end goal is to teach you how to create a WordPress website that is functional and beautiful. This is so straightforward. By combining both backend setup lectures and design-specific lectures, you can take a broad, comprehensive look at how you can build a website without taking months to complete it.
The processes shown here are the same as those that I have been using for years at my Design Agency. Exactly this is how I create my clients ‘ websites.
What distinguishes this course from others is that I approach it from two angles:
- My real world knowledge of how to build websites for real customers
- My graphic design understanding and how it directly concerns best practices in website design
I have over a decade of experience with my own graphic design and web development company, and I’m so excited to pass on the skills I’ve learnt!
With WordPress, you have options!
I’m going to take you on free and paid topics so you can dive into any investment woks.
Most themes use a similar backend layout, so once you learn the basics in this course, you can apply that knowledge to other themes down the road. This gives you the ultimate creative freedom and ownership of how your website looks and functions – both now and in the future.
Who is this WordPress course for?
This course is great for designers who want to learn how to build beautiful websites without having to learn how to code. It’s also great for entrepreneurs and freelancers who need a professional online presence, but who also don’t want to pay a lot of money to have someone else create it for them. It’s also a great course for anyone curious about websites and graphic design, as the course serves as a great launch pad wherever your creativity and passions can take you!
By the end of this course, you’ll have a beautifully designed website that you’re proud of, and – if your goal is to start creating websites for others as a side gig or as a business – you’ll have learned some of the tricks and tools I used to successfully build websites that customers pay very well for.
Who this course is for:
- Graphic designers who want to add web design and development to their skill set
- Entrepreneurs and freelancers seeking to establish their own online presence
- Anyone who wants to use WordPress and Photoshop (among other things) to create a beautiful, functional website quickly and efficiently
- Beginners of all ages and interests in the industry